Cost: Our trips are $250 per person up to five people. Trips average approximately eight-hours. The fee includes all fishing equipment, bait and fish cleaning
Booking: It’s a great idea to think ahead! Dot Calm Fishing Charters always has a busy schedule. A 50% deposit is required to hold all dates. Two-weeks notice of cancellation is required. Dot Calm Fishing Charters reserves the right to cancel any trip due to poor conditions. Your deposit is fully refundable if we cannot find a date to reschedule. PayPal or Apple Pay are the preferred method of payment. We also accept cash, or credit/debit cards. NO CHECKS.
Day of: Please be on time. We will give you the exact time and meeting place the day before our excursion
You will need
Fishing License – You cannot fish without it, period. Carefully check your license dates to make sure they correspond EXACTLY with the days you are fishing. You must have a salmon tag or daily license equivalent. Oregon fishing licenses are available online @ https://or.outdoorcentral.us/or/license or at Fred Meyer, Bi-Mart, Fisherman’s Marine to name a few.
Food – It’s best to pack easy to eat, simple and healthy items. There is a cooler on the boat for you to store items; you are also welcome to bring your own small cooler onboard. Remember to bring ice! Catering is available upon request for an additional fee.
Clothing – Raingear and layers are a must, even if you think the weather looks “awesome”. It’s easy to take layers off but not easy to add layers you didn’t bring! Sunscreen and hats are also a good idea. Conditions can change quickly so being prepared is best.
Fish – After fishing make sure you have a LARGE cooler in your car to transport your catch. Again, remember that ice! Fresh salmon needs to stay on ice.
• Fishing is fishing. Come with the expectations of having a good time on the water and if a few fish get caught in the process all the better. No one wants to see you catch fish more than us!
• Restrooms... men have the decided advantage here but no worries, we are almost always within striking distance of a restroom facility. We never let serious nature calls go unanswered.
• Your catch will be cleaned, filleted and bagged.
• Seasickness - If we are fishing in coastal areas, swell and chop can be common. Plan ahead with medication or devices prior to the excursion. If you or members of your party have extreme sensitivity to motion sickness let us know, we can plan to target smoother waters.
• Our boat – A 2017 25ft Alumaweld Columbia with a Mercury 200HP Verado four-stroke main and a Mercury 9.9HP kicker. It is equipped with GPS, marine radio, safety equipment, a heater and dry storage. The boat fishes up to 5 paid passengers.
• Fishing equipment – We only fish G Loomis rods with Shimano (Tekota) and Diawa (Luna) reels. Additionally, we use the finest lines, leaders and terminal tackle available, as well as Owner hooks and hand made spinners. We use our own and sourced prime baits. And for added luck… we have a fish whistle and magic mojo beads…I’ll explain that onboard.
• Licensed fishing guide. USCG Master Near Coastal Captains license holder.
•. No dogs (salmon blood can kill dogs).